This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
BUXHALL MILL ROAD TM 05 NW
2/37 Sawyers ( formerly listed as Cottages immediately to east of 9.12.55 Cottage Farmhouse)
House, c.1500 A 3-cell open hall house. One storey and attics. Timber- framed and pebble dashed. Thatched roof, half-hipped at both ends. An axial C17 chimney with twin square shafts of red brick, recapped in C19. Two C20 eyebrow casement dormers. Mid C20 small-pane casements. Boarded and battened C20 entrance door at or near cross-entry. A 2-bay open hall; the upper bay is considerably longer; the open truss has a cambered tie-beam with chamfered arch-braces of pronounced 4-centred curvature; an octagonal crownpost with concealed capital. Good tension braced close-studding. Moderate smoke- encrustation. The service cell is of two bays; the service end partition is missing.
Listing NGR: TM0025357865
This is part of the Series: IOE\Leah_Tracy IOE Records for Leah, Tracy; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England
Copyright IoE Miss Tracy Leah. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Leah, Tracy
Rights Holder: Leah, Tracy
Brick, Pebbledash, Thatch, Timber, Medieval Open Hall House, Tudor Monument <By Form>, Hall House, House, Domestic, Dwelling, Timber Framed House, Timber Framed Building