This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
NY 35 NW BURGH BY SANDS Longburgh
5/60 Longburgh Farm and adjoining barn (not to be confused with Longburgh Farmhouse to east)
Farmhouse and barn, now house and barn. Late C17 house, barn dated 1767 with initial R (John Robinson) over entrance. House: whitewashed clay walls, graduated greenslate roof with coped gable and kneeler to left, brick chimney stacks. Barn: whitewashed brick with stone dressings, graduated greenslate roof. 2 storeys, 6 bays; 2-storey barn to right, of higher roof line, 8 bays.
3-panel double doors in painted architrave and moulded triangular pediment.
Yorkshire sash windows with glazing bars: small fire window on first floor right. Barn: large double plank doors in quoined surround with shallow keyed segmental arch. Ground floor wall left is blank. 5 sash windows with glazing bars above in shallow segmental brick arches. Slatted window to right and loft door above. A later tenant, James Marton, ran a malting business from the barn and in the early C19 it was referred to as a brewery.
Listing NGR: NY3090258930
© Mr John Wright. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Wright, John
Rights Holder: Wright, John
Brick, Clay, Slate, Stuart Farmhouse, Domestic, Agricultural Dwelling, Dwelling, House, Agriculture And Subsistence, Farm Building, Agricultural Building, Barn, Brewing And Malting Site, Industrial, Food And Drink Industry Site, Monument <By Form>, Brewery