Two Chest Tombs Approximately 1 Metre And 2.5 Metres West Of North Porch Of Church Of St Lawrence

Date:
19 Jun 2002
Location:
Two Chest Tombs Approximately 1 Metre And 2.5 Metres West Of North Porch Of Church Of St Lawrence, Church Road, Appleton With Eaton, Vale Of White Horse, Oxfordshire, OX13 5JX
Reference:
IOE01/07862/13
Type:
Photograph (Digital)
Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

APPLETON WITH EATON CHURCH ROAD SP4401 (East side) Appleton 9/5 2 chest tombs approx. 1m. and 2.5m. W of N porch of Church of St. Lawrence

GV II

Chest tomb. Early C19. Limestone. Rectangular shape, splayed at corners with low-relief reeding. Oval inscription panels have acanthus sprays with traces of original colouring in spandrels. Memorial to Elizabeth Nalder, d.1825, James Hall, d.1813, James Naiper, d.1808. Late C18 chest tomb approx. 1m. west of north porch: of limestone with simply-moulded plinth and cornice: memorial to John Nalder, d.1773, and his wife Mary, d.1809.

Listing NGR: SP4438301553

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/2113 IOE Records taken by Maeve Wadge; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Miss Maeve Wadge. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Wadge, Maeve

Rights Holder: Wadge, Maeve

Keywords

Limestone, Georgian Chest Tomb, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Tomb, Funerary Site