This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
TM 1644 SE ST CLEMENT'S CHURCH LANE
4/228 Church of St Clement (formerly listed under Waterworks Street)
Mainly C15, with some C14 work in the lower part of the west tower. The exterior is flint with stone quoins. Perpendicular windows and a good clerestory. The chancel is of 1860 and the Church was restored and altered in the C19. The interior has a west gallery with Corinthian columns and carved cornice. A C15 font has 4 wild men and lions on the stem and the signs of the evangelists on the bowl.
Listing NGR: TM1687344222
© Mr Stuart Appleby. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Appleby, Stuart
Rights Holder: Appleby, Stuart
Flint, Stone, Medieval Church, Tudor Religious Ritual And Funerary, Place Of Worship