This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SJ3089 BECKWITH STREET 789-1/7/22 (North side) 28/03/74 Church of Christ the King (Formerly Listed as: BECKWITH STREET Church of St Anne)
Parish Church. 1846-40. By William Cole, the chancel extended in 1892-3 by Charles Aldridge. Red sandstone ashlar with Welsh slate roof. Decorated style with heavy detailing. West tower and spire, nave with transepts and chancel. West door with ogival hood mould over, and Decorated window above. 3 tiers of blind arcading over, then tall paired bell chamber lights with ogee foliated hood moulds. Fretted tracery to parapet, with flying buttresses to crocketted spire. 2-bay nave and transepts, divided by gabletted buttresses with pinnacles, each bay with 3-light Decorated windows. Embattled parapets. Transept doorways to north and south with windows over in continuous hollow chamfered archway. Statues in canopied niches flank the doorways. Chancel clasped by flanking vestries. Interior now gutted and renewed. (The Buildings of England: Pevsner N and Hubbard E: Cheshire: Harmondsworth: 1971-).
Listing NGR: SJ3112989507
© Mr Brendan Oxlade. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Oxlade, Brendan
Rights Holder: Oxlade, Brendan
Ashlar, Sandstone, Welsh Slate, Victorian Church, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Place Of Worship