This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
1841 NEWLAND STREET (South-East Side) Wall to the former house "The Grove" (that part fronting onto Newland Street) TL 8214 1/95 1.3.50.
A late CI7 or early C18 substantial red brick wall enclosing approximately 180 yards of the north-west boundary of the former house "The Grove".
It has a sloping brick coping with brick dentils and swept up steps at intervals along its length.
Wall to the former house "The Grove" and No 3 (Freebournes House) form a group with Nos 2 to 12 (even), Stable to No 4, No 16 (Rosleyn House), Whitehall Cinema and Nos 22 to 26 (even).
Listing NGR: TL8237514830
© Mr M W Keogh. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Keogh, M W
Rights Holder: Keogh, M W
Brick, Stuart Boundary Wall, Georgian Monument (By Form), Wall, Barrier, Boundary, Steps, Transport, Pedestrian Transport Site