This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
1954 BRIDGNORTH ST LEONARD'S CLOSE
Church of St Leonard SO 79 SW 2/185 18.7.49.
Almost wholly rebuilt in Gothic style 1862 by William Slater but retaining fragments of Norman work in the tower, chancel and west arch of the south aisle and hammerbeam roof of 1662. Contains several cast-iron headstones from churchyard.
The following buildings, Church of St-Leonard. Old Grammer School. No 2 Palmer's Hospital. and Nos 4 to 7 (consec) form a group
Listing NGR: SO7169493334
© Mr John Cousens. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Cousens, John
Rights Holder: Cousens, John
Medieval Church, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Place Of Worship, Gravestone, Grave Marker, Funerary Site