This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SU 5139 MICHELDEVER CHURCH STREET Micheldever
12/16 Micheldever County Primary School
School. c.1850. Probably by John Colson. Flint rubble with brick dressing, roof tiled. Single storey, 5 window range with tower attached to right and crosswing at left. Centre 2 windows under gablet with carved bargeboards are pointed cross windows with lozenge panes with pointed pane either side at top and larger panes below and canted brick dressings. There is a buttress between these windows. Other windows are 2-light casements. The wing has a large half-hipped porch with pointed door with single light beside and in the gable small pointed window. Roof steep pitched with bargeboards. Tower built C.1870 to commemorate death of a Baring. Lower stages flint and brick, stone offset to top stage of brick with clock in panel of fiaence. Above brick machicolations to short tiled steeple with gablet containing trefoil bell opening. Included for group value.
Listing NGR: SU5136639158
© Mr Colin Cromwell. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Cromwell, Colin
Rights Holder: Cromwell, Colin
Brick, Flint, Rubble, Tile, Georgian School, Victorian Education, Tower, Unassigned, Building, Infant School, Elementary School