This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SP 70 NE ASTON SANDFORD ASTON SANDFORD
7/15 Manor Cottage
Cottage. Circa 1867, probably by Sir G.G. Scott who enlarged the Manor. Red brick with plum brick bands, stone window frames. Old tile roofs. 2 storeys 2 bays, the right hand bay gabled. Left hand bay has at right board door in lean-to tiled porch. At left 2-light ground floor casement. 1st floor gabled 2-light casement. Behind ridge is diagonal flue. Segmental arched openings. Right bay has 2 storey canted bay window with stone mullioned windows. Vent in gable.
Right hand lateral stack with 2 diagonally set flues. Identical in detail and style to Scott's Manor House enlargement.
Listing NGR: SP7569107840
© Mr Christopher J. Mettem. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Mettem, Christopher J.
Rights Holder: Mettem, Christopher J.
Brick, Stone, Tile, Victorian House, Monument (By Form), Domestic, Dwelling