This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
HATCH BEAUCHAMP CP ST32SW HATCH BEAUCHAMP VILLAGE
6/21 Stables adjoining Hatch Court
Stables abutting Hatch Court (qv). Circa 1820, undergoing restoration at time of survey (December 1984). Render over lias rubble and brick, entrance front stripped of render at time of survey, hipped slate roofs. Courtyard plan adjoining Hatch Court to south, entrance on west front. West front: 2 storeys 1:3 bays, end of stable wing left 2 blind openings, square headed blind openings flanking semicircular headed carriageway entrance, circular niche above. Single storey pyramid roofed pavilions with 24-pane sash windows flank entrance on courtyard interior; north side stables, 3 square-headed stable doors flanked by 12-pane sash windows; east side, 4 semicircular headed openings, square headed in outer bays, blind rectangular niches above. Wall to south fronts courtyard of Hatch Court. The stables on north side contain fittings and unusual shell-headed niches for hay baskets. A building shown in the engraving in Collinson standing to the west of Hatch Court is believed to have the original stables designed by Prowse and demolished c1820.
(Collinson, History of Somerset, 1791).
Listing NGR: ST3061721025
© Mr John H. Sparkes. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Sparkes, John H.
Rights Holder: Sparkes, John H.
Brick, Lias, Render, Rubble, Slate, Georgian Wall, Victorian Monument (By Form), Barrier, Courtyard, Gardens Parks And Urban Spaces, Stable, Agriculture And Subsistence, Animal Shed, Farm Building, Agricultural Building, Transport