This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ST7128 WINCANTON CP BAYFORD HILL (North side)
8/127 Nos 1 and 2 Colyton Terrace, with boundary wall 8 metres to South
Pair houses. 1830. Local stone, rendered and colourwashed on front elevation; hipped Welsh slate roof; brick chimney stacks. In a villa style. 2-storeys, 2 bays each. Plinth, rusticated quoins; 12-pane sash windows in plain openings, those to lower outer bays wider, with margins; windows to No 1 have ornamental frets to heads of reveals; 6-panel door to inner bays in recesses with rectangular fanlights, that to No 2 with margins. Interiors not seen. Front boundary wall of cut and squared stone with plain coping, about 1.75 metres high, capped with simple wrot iron railings; square central gate piers in ashlar with simple pyramidal caps; important to setting of houses (Note that the remaining block of 3 houses in Coylton Terrace is much altered and therfore not listed). Built by Mr Linton, a Scot, in 1830 (Sweetman, G History of Wincanton, c1904).
Listing NGR: ST7201028690
© Mrs Sue Durant. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Durant, Sue
Rights Holder: Durant, Sue
Ashlar, Render, Stone, Welsh Slate, Wrought Iron, Georgian House, Victorian Monument (By Form), Domestic, Dwelling, Gate Pier, Unassigned, Boundary Wall, Wall, Barrier, Boundary, Railings