This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
5251 HODDESDON OXENDEN DRIVE (west end and north side) Hoddesdon
Former gates, gateposts and boundary walls to The Grange TL 3708SW: 6C/47
Circa 1730 rubbed brick gateposts, stone dressings; wrought iron double gates; C17/18 red brick wall to N and S. Gateposts are square plan with moulded plinth, coved cornice and ball tops. 2 fielded panels on each face. Gates with scrolled panels and cresting and central 'AO' insignia. Wall on S in L-plan, following N side of Cock Lane for about 80 metres, has regularly spaced flat buttresses, sloped brick coping and is restored on E.
Listing NGR: TL3706108330
© Mr A. Gude. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Gude, A.
Rights Holder: Gude, A.
Brick, Stone, Wrought Iron, Tudor Boundary Wall, Elizabethan Monument (By Form), Stuart Wall, Jacobean Barrier, Georgian Boundary, Gate, Unassigned, Gate Pier