This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
LONG PRESTON SD 85 NW 7/7 The Riddings - - II
Formerly farmhouse, now house. Dated 1786 with C19 and C20 alterations and early C18 origins. Ashlar, stone slate roof. Formerly central staircase plan. 2 storeys, 3 bays. Central entrance has Roman Doric pilasters and entablature with open pediment, 12 panel door, round-headed fanlight. 2 ground floor windows, formerly 3-light but mullions now missing and windows lowered in mid-C20 to form French windows with leaded lights; ground floor sill band. Upper floor central single- light and outer formerly 3-light but mullions now missing; mid-C20 leaded casements.
Chamfered quoins. Moulded eaves cornice. Gable end coping and gable end ridge stacks. Left-hand return contains lead rainwater head inscribed J T 1786. Rear contains chamfered surround to entrance with decorated lintel inscribed W T E 1708 set within C20 porch. Interior: dog-leg staircase with stick balusters.
Listing NGR: SD8224659933
© Mr Nigel Wood. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Wood, Nigel
Rights Holder: Wood, Nigel
Ashlar, Stone, Georgian Farmhouse, Domestic, Agricultural Dwelling, Dwelling, House, Agriculture And Subsistence, Farm Building, Agricultural Building, Monument (By Form)