This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
FREMINGTON BICKINGTON ROAD (north side), SS 53 SW Bickington 2/15 United Reform Church II Nonconformist chapel. 1835 restored 1896. Painted stucco with quoins. Slate roof, hipped to front end, gable end to rear. Rectangular on plan with end entrance lobby. Single storey with 2 storey entrance front. 3 bays, symmetrical.
Semi-circular arched windows with moulded sills and arched glazing bars under continuous hoodmoulds. Central round arched doorway with blind fanlight and C20 door. Rectangular plaque on small brackets over doorway. Single opposing round arched windows to each side.
Interior: Bowed entrance lobby with 6 panelled doors to each side, the upper 2 panels glazed. Late C19 furnishings with turned balusters to moulded communion handrail and decorative wrought iron rostrum railings. West end gallery does not survive.
Listing NGR: SS5349132476
© Dr Ann Allen. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Allen, Ann
Rights Holder: Allen, Ann
Slate, Stucco, Georgian United Reformed Church, Victorian Religious Ritual And Funerary, Congregational Chapel, Nonconformist Chapel, Chapel, Place Of Worship