This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SHANKLIN SZ5881 QUEEN'S ROAD 1352-0/8/207 The Vicarage GV II
Purpose-built vicarage. c1870 by William Woodyer. Ground floor of stone rubble, 1st floor tile-hung. Tiled roof with brick chimneystack. Square in plan, 2 storeys attics and basements.
Principal west elevation has basement and ground floor of stone rubble with stone modillion cornice. 1st floor is hung with alternate bands of plain and scalloped tiles. 1st floor has central 5-light mullioned and transomed window with trefoliated heads. Ground floor has 2 end sashes with horns and doorcase of 4 pointed arches with Early English type columns. Two of the arches are blind and a plank door in stone surround is set back behind the right-hand arch. Flight of 6 stone steps and stone balustrading. Roof in 2 hips with gabled dormer between and 2 tall panelled brick stacks. Rear elevation has 2 gables.
Listing NGR: SZ5850681333
© Mr A. B. Cooke. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Cooke, A. B.
Rights Holder: Cooke, A. B.
Rubble, Stone, Tile, Victorian Vicarage, Domestic, Clergy House, Clerical Dwelling, House, Dwelling, Steps, Transport, Pedestrian Transport Site