This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ST 79 SE 3/204 WOTTON-UNDER-EDGE WORTLEY 27.1.75 The Chantry
Detached dwelling, originally incorporating chapel. Founded 1311, now mostly C18/C19. Rectangular block, incorporating part of former buttress,central stone stack, two smaller brick stacks. Rubble, some dressed stone incorporated stone slate. Two storeys, four windowed, two and three-light casements with rectangular leaded panes.
Established as a chantry chapel in 1311; gross endowment was 74s at suppression.
Lindley, p262-4. This item was removed from list in 1970, but reinstated, Grade II, in 1975.
Listing NGR: ST7652191786
© Ms Anne Griffiths. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Griffiths, Anne
Rights Holder: Griffiths, Anne
Stone, Medieval Chantry Chapel, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Chapel, Place Of Worship, House, Monument (By Form), Domestic, Dwelling