This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ST6718 MILBORNE PORT CP SOUTH STREET (East side)
12/188 Nos 65, 66 and 67
Row of 3 cottages. Dated 1821. Local stone cut and squared; mostly fish-scale clay tiles with overhanging gables.
Chimney stacks of several types. Two storeys, 9 bays, of which bay 9 is a mid C20 addition. No 65 of 2 bays, early pattern 2-light casement windows with iron framed opening lights, all leaded, to bay 1; with late C20 glazed door to bay 2, above which is a blind window. No 66 has 3 bays, with 2-light leaded casements, some modified; 6-panel flush door to bay 2, with glazed toplights: above this no windows but a shield-shaped stone plaque dated 1821. No 67 of 4 bays, with 2-light leaded casement windows to all except lower bay 3, which has a 1+3+1 light angled bay window with lead flat roof; upper bay 2 is blind, and below a 6 panel door with glazed toplights under flat timber bracketted hood; garage with boarded doors under concrete lintol to bay 4. Interiors considerably altered. No 65 was a glover's house: No 67 was the village constable's house, the room with the bay window being the former cell (Information from occupants, March 1984).
Listing NGR: ST6780918554
© Mr Murray Pearson. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Pearson, Murray
Rights Holder: Pearson, Murray
Clay, Stone, Tile, Georgian House, Monument (By Form), Domestic, Dwelling, Police House