This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
DENWICK (DETACHED) FREEMANSHILL NU 10 NE NU 15350810 15/84 Boundary stone on boundary with Alnwick C.P., 360 metres south- south-east of Freemanshill II
Boundary stone, probably 1776. Tooled sandstone. Upright stone with gabled top and continuous groove running up each face and across apex; top with incised letter A (Freemen of Alnwick) on west slope and N (Duke of Northumberland) on east. Overall height 0.60 metre.
An exchange of land with the Duke gave Alnwick corporation lands 'near the Freeman's Well' in 1776.
Tate, History of Alnwick II (1868-9) p. 227-8.
Listing NGR: NU1534508104
© Mr Bob Cottrell. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Cottrell, Bob
Rights Holder: Cottrell, Bob
Sandstone, Georgian Boundary Stone, Monument <By Form>, Boundary