This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
TL 20 SE POTTERS BAR COOPERS LANE (North west side) Potters Bar
5/196 The Chequers P.H.
2 attached houses originally. Public House since c.1840. Late C18, altered and extended in C19. Timber frame probable, extended in brick and plastered. Slate and tile roof. 2 storeys. Double pile house with earlier cross wing cottage to right. 4 ground floor windows, 3 on first floor, some 16 pane sashes. Original entrances blocked. Double span to brick house with stack in valley to left and front ridge stack to right.
Entrance on right return. Wall plate visible to rear of cross wing.
Lower extension to rear, probably replacing rear portion of originally longer cottage.
Listing NGR: TL2693001756
© Mr A. Gude. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Gude, A.
Rights Holder: Gude, A.
Brick, Plaster, Slate, Tile, Timber, Georgian Timber Framed House, Monument <By Form>, Timber Framed Building, House, Domestic, Dwelling, Building, Unassigned, Public House, Commercial, Licensed Premises, Eating And Drinking Establishment, Recreational