This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
COCKFIELD CHURCH LANE 1.
5377 Church of St Peter TL 95 SW 32/255 23.1.58 GV 2.
A fine C14 and C15 flint and stone church with a tall C15 west tower with a chequerwork embattled parapet and angle buttresses with tabled offsets and inset flint chequerwork on the faces. The south aisle has an embattled parapet with carved ornamentation. The south porch also has a richly ornamented embattled parapet, flint flushwork panels and 3 ogee headed niches. The south doorway is ornamented with fleurons and shields. The nave has a fine C14 collar purlin roof with 4-way braced crown posts with moulded caps and bases on moulded and carved tie beams.
The south aisle has a fine C15 roof with moulded and carved beams and arched braces. The interior has a C14 altar tomb with carved stone canopy and a fine C18 tomb to Jacob Harvey of Pepper's Hall (d 1723) by N Royce of Bury St Edmunds. Graded for its architectural, historical and topographical value.
Listing NGR: TL9039654991
© Mr Wilfred N. Winder. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Winder, Wilfred N.
Rights Holder: Winder, Wilfred N.
Flint, Stone, Timber, Medieval Church, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Place Of Worship, Altar Tomb, Tomb, Funerary Site