This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
RAMSGATE HARBOUR PARADE TR 3864 NW (north side) 13/148 No. 72 (former Alexandra Hotel) GV II Public House. 1907. Red and stone coloured greyed tile and bricks, with terracotta details. Three storeys and attic. Recessed ground floor, with cornice to 1st floor supporting 4 Doric pilasters; cornice to 2nd floor supporting 4 Ionic pilasters. Modillion cornice to ramped parapet with urn finials, and central pedimented loggia/portico with 3 supporting piers to attic with 2 glazing bar sashes behind (lower leaf plate glass). Stacks to left and to right. Originally crowned by a dome. Double sashes with glazing bars to upper leaves to left and right on 2nd floor, and 2 bars to left and to right on 1st floor, with moulded and keyed semi-circular arches on both floors to recessed balconies, only the upper with balustrade, with sashes to 2nd floor and French doors to 1st floor. Large segmental bow on ground floor with plate glass windows; central boarded doors. Stained glass recessed windows either side. Interior: circular arcaded room, top lit and with coloured glass. Under reconstruction at time of re-survey.
Listing NGR: TR3850564809
© Mr Peter Hubbard. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Hubbard, Peter
Rights Holder: Hubbard, Peter
Brick, Terracotta, Tile, Victorian Public House, Commercial, Licensed Premises, Eating And Drinking Establishment, Recreational, Hostel, Domestic, Residential Building