The Smithy

Date:
18 Apr 2003
Location:
The Smithy, The Green, Thriplow, South Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire
Reference:
IOE01/10481/09
Type:
Photograph (Digital)
Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

TL 4246 THRIPLOW THE GREEN 13/294 The Smithy GV II Smithy. Mid C19. Clunch with gault brick dressings dentil eaves cornice and stack. Weatherboarded timber-frame above eaves and to lean-to. Pantiled half hipped roof. Single storey with cartshed lean-to to east end. Boarded stable door to right hand with shuttered window; similar window to left hand. Double boarded door to cartshed. Slate plaque inscribed 'This Smithy presented to Thriplow in year AD 1964 by Robert J. Younger Esq formerly of Thriplow Place. The Smithy was last in use c.1960.

V.C.H., Vol. VI, p.239

Listing NGR: TL4367246670

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/1796 IOE Records taken by John E Scott; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mr John E. Scott. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Scott, John E.

Rights Holder: Scott, John E.

Keywords

Brick, Clunch, Pantile, Timber, Weatherboard, Georgian Blacksmiths Workshop, Victorian Industrial, Metal Workers Workshop, Craft Industry Site, Workshop, Industrial Building, Cart Shed, Transport, Road Transport Site