Farmbuildings West Of Manor House

Date:
6 Jun 2003
Location:
Farmbuildings West Of Manor House, Main Street, Kirmond Le Mire, West Lindsey, Lincolnshire
Reference:
IOE01/10484/22
Type:
Photograph (Digital)
Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

TF 19 SE KIRMOND LE MIRE MAIN STREET (North Side)

7/9B Farmbuildings west of Manor House

GV II

Range of farmbuildings. 1868, C20. Slate roofs with decorated eaves and verges.

Single gable and single ridge stack. E plan with 2 open crew yards and rear 2 storey range with central taller range terminating in square tower-like pigeoncote with hipped roof and 3 flight holes, above and below keyed oculus. In front, pair of central, lower, parallel ranges with open sides with wooden posts. Central doorway with segmental head and plank door. Triple, round-headed lights, that in centre, taller, in each of 2 central gables. Central ranges flanked by single plank doors with low coped walls beyond on each side. Walls with central double plankdoors leading to crew yards. Beyond, on each side, single gabled, open sided ranges with wooden posts. Beyond, on each side, a single, taller gabled range with various doorways with segmental heads and plank doors. Single keyed oculi in gables. Right hand range with C2O weather boarding and 2 light casement. 2 storey, 12 bay range to rear, with central double plank doors with segmental head and keystone inscribed 'C.T.1868'. To left, drive wheel. Beyond a pair of open arches and small plank door with semi-circular head, to left. 2 open bays with wooden posts to left with shuttered window with segmental head, beyond. Double plank doors beyond with segmental head. To right of central doorway, 4 open wagon arches with rounded brick piers. 3 wooden open bays, to right and gabled bay beyond with single upper shuttered light to gable. first floor with 6 shuttered windows and 2 plank doors. Sack hoist to left of level hand door. Inside, cast iron belt drived feed mill by Clayton and Shuttleworth of Lincoln. Other belt driven attachments and powered sack hoist. Built by Christopher Turnor.



Listing NGR: TF1881292654

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/0920 IOE Records taken by Brian Harris; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mr Brian Harris. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Harris, Brian

Rights Holder: Harris, Brian

Keywords

Slate, Weatherboard, Victorian Farm Building, Agriculture And Subsistence, Agricultural Building, Date Stone, Commemorative, Commemorative Stone, Commemorative Monument, Crew Yard