This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SY68SE DORCHESTER ROAD, Broadwey 873-1/2/417 (East side) 14/06/74 No.462 (Formerly Listed as: DORCHESTER ROAD, Broadwey No.462 and Workshop adjoining to south of No.462)
Detached house. Dated 1779. Rendered, lower range in rubble, slate roofs. A symmetrical front, with a 1-bay extension to the left, and a lower range to the right, formerly a wheelwright's shop and forge. 2 storeys, 1+2+2 windows; the main range has 2 plain casements in reveals on stone sills, above a slate lean-to verandah over a central door and flanking lights. A small plaque inscribed JS 1779 is centred at first floor. The set-back bay to the left has a 4-pane sash at each level, and the former forge has two C20 casement dormers above a 2-light casement and a blocked opening. The gabled return has a 2-light casement and a wide garage door. There are 2 main gable stacks, that to the left to a raised verge, and a stack to the wing, left. INTERIOR: not inspected. The former list refers to the right-hand range as a stone rubble workshop, but this is now part of the domestic premises.
Listing NGR: SY6678982900
This is part of the Series: IOE01/1766 IOE Records taken by Andrew Salmon; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England
© Rev Andrew Salmon. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Salmon, Andrew
Rights Holder: Salmon, Andrew
Render, Rubble, Slate, Georgian Detached House, Monument <By Form>, House, Domestic, Dwelling, Forge, Industrial, Engineering Industry Site, Metal Smelting Site, Metal Industry Site, Wheelwrights Workshop, Craft Industry Site, Workshop, Industrial Building, Plaque, Commemorative, Commemorative Monument