This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SK5739NW ST PETER'S GATE 646-1/20/610 (South side) No.2
Includes: Nos.1 AND 2 ST PETER'S CHURCH WALK. Offices. 1887. By Evans & Jolly of Nottingham for R Halford. Restored late C20. Red brick with ashlar dressings and slate roofs with coped brick ridge stacks. Renaissance Revival style. Chamfered plinth, string courses, coped gables. Windows are mainly original plain sashes with ashlar lintels. 3 storeys plus attics; 5 x 5 bays. Corner site with 2 symmetrical fronts linked by an angled corner bay. Street front has a recessed central bay with balustrade, flanked by gabled bays. In the centre and to right, large openings with late C20 glazing. In the left bay, a smaller reglazed window and to left, a doorway with ashlar surround and fanlight. Above, a central canted wooden oriel window flanked by triple sashes. Above again, 3 double sashes. Attics have smaller double sashes. Corner bay, to right, has a balustrade and a single window on each floor. Right return has projecting centre and end bays, gabled, with balustrades to the intermediate bays. Regular fenestration, with central doorways flanked by 2 windows, and above, oriel windows in the end bays. Included for group value.
Listing NGR: SK5734739779
© Mr Alan Greaves. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Greaves, Alan
Rights Holder: Greaves, Alan
Ashlar, Brick, Slate, Victorian Office, Unassigned, Building