This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ST6176 PARK ROAD, Stapleton 901-1/29/1956 (East side) 04/03/77 Nos.70 AND 70A Estcourt House and attached area wall (Formerly Listed as: PARK ROAD (East side) Nos.70 AND 70A)
House and former stable. c1720. Pennant ashlar and rubble, limestone and stucco dressings, slate roof and rendered brick stacks. L-shaped to the back, single-depth plan. 2 storeys; 5-window range, in 2 attached blocks. To the right, alternate thick and thin ashlar courses on a rubble plinth, with stucco quoin strips; moulded parapet coping. Left-hand door case with a battered architrave with ears and a flat hood, and a 6-panel door, the top pair glazed, the middle pair fielded. Flush, 4/4-pane sashes with pronounced keys. The left-hand block is squared coursed rubble on the ground floor, rubble and brick on the first floor, and an elliptical-arched coach entrance to the right of a round-arched doorway, with plain keyed surrounds. First-floor 6/6-pane sashes. INTERIOR: hall with segmental-arched niche to the left, rear lateral stair flight with winders top and bottom, and to the left at the back, a shell-head niche with a cherub. On the first floor left-hand room, a moulded acanthus cornice and 3-light bow window with 4-panel shutters. SUBSIDIARY FEATURES: raised, flagged, walled front area to No.70, with side and front gates, and tooled flags to No.70A.
Listing NGR: ST6172776208
© Ms Ruth Povey. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Povey, Ruth
Rights Holder: Povey, Ruth
Ashlar, Limestone, Pennant Stone, Rubble, Slate, Stucco, Stuart Forecourt, Georgian Unassigned, House, Monument <By Form>, Domestic, Dwelling, Gate, Wall, Barrier, Stable, Agriculture And Subsistence, Animal Shed, Farm Building, Agricultural Building, Transport