This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
The following building shall be added:
5004 CHURCH HILL ROAD (west side)
TQ 29 SE 6/43 Nos 1 and 2, Church Farm School
Two cottages. Built 1887-8 by C G Vinall, probably with collaboration of Philip Webb.
Flemish bond brick; hipped Welsh slate roof; brick ridge stack. One storey and attic; 4-window range. Segmental-arched entry to door on left. Flat-roofed dormers, with glazing bars to casement windows, above two square bay windows with upper transoms.
Outer bays have 24-pane sashes. Sides and rear wings in similar style. Built as part of an Industrial Boys Home established in 1860.
Listing NGR: TQ2766094561
© Mr Adam Watson. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Watson, Adam
Rights Holder: Watson, Adam
Brick, Welsh Slate, Victorian Childrens Home, Health And Welfare, Domestic, Residential Building, House, Monument <By Form>, Dwelling