This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SE 78 SW VILLAGE 1465/2/38 VILLAGE 06-OCT-87 (West side) NORMANBY HOUSE
Rectory, now house. 1723, remodelled c1815, with later alteration and extension. Built for Rev William Consett and converted for Rev Arthur Cayley. Dressed sandy limestone with pantile roof and rebuilt brick stacks. Central-stairhall plan, 11/2 rooms deep, with rear service wing added and extended. 2-storey, 3-window front. 6-panel door with patterned fanlight in pedimented doorcase. Canted bay window inserted at left and tripartite sash with renewed lintel in altered opening at right. 16-pane sashes with stone sills and lintels to first floor. End stacks. INTERIOR: cut-string, straight staircase with moulded, ramped-up handrail, turned balusters and carved tread ends. Reeded hall doorcases. Original chimney-pieces with dentilled cornice shelves in ground-floor front rooms.
Listing NGR: SE7335781714
© Mr David Robson. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Robson, David
Rights Holder: Robson, David
Brick, Limestone, Pantile, Georgian Vicarage, Domestic, Clergy House, Clerical Dwelling, House, Dwelling, Service Wing, Monument <By Form>