This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SP 72 NW STEEPLE CLAYDON CALVERT ROAD (Middle Claydon)
4/108 Blackmoorhill Farmhouse -
House. Circa 1770, partly rebuilt. Farmhouse for Verney estate.
Front facing Claydon House is of dressed stone with plinth and stone voussoirs to all openings. Eaves cornice missing. Remainder brick with dentilled eaves. Tiled roof, flanking brick chimneys.
2 storeys, 3 bays. C20 barred wooden casements, 3-light flanking 2-light. Central C20 6-panel door with barred rectangular fanlight.
Extension of one storey and attic to rear.
Listing NGR: SP7035225678
© Dr W A Cooper. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Cooper, W A
Rights Holder: Cooper, W A
Brick, Stone, Tile, Georgian Farmhouse, Domestic, Agricultural Dwelling, Dwelling, House, Agriculture And Subsistence, Farm Building, Agricultural Building, Estate Cottage