This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SK69SE BAWTRY TICKHILL ROAD (south side) 10/42 Iron gate opposite entrance to Masonic Hall GV II Gate. Probably 1839 (date of Chapel of the Hospital of St. Mary Magdalene, now Masonic Hall (q.v)). Wrought and cast iron. Double, pedestrian gate.
Gate piers are formed by 4 rods set in a square base with moulded ornament at the foot and part way up each rod (some missing); tops linked by cast-iron entablature blocks each with fluted frieze and twisted wrought-iron finial.
Gates: plain dog bars with turned finials above a mid-rail; main bars have similar finials above top rail; hanging and meeting stiles terminate in scrollwork. The piers are linked by an overthrow probably of later date.
Included for group value.
Listing NGR: SK6501393058
© Mr David Clayton. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Clayton, David
Rights Holder: Clayton, David
Cast Iron, Wrought Iron, Georgian Gate, Victorian Unassigned