This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
CHURCH HILL, ORPINGTON 1.
4407 Outbuildings in the grounds of The Priory TQ 46 NE 9/113 2.4.51.
Timber-framed gatehouse or barn with plaster infilling and some red brick at the base. Tiled roof. Tall carriage archway in the centre with a room over. On either side a long wing of 2 storeys but of lower elevation than the centre portion. Windows boarded up. On the side facing the road the building is faced on ground floor with flints containing vertical strips of red brick and with weather-boarding above. The right side of the out- buildings was renovated in 1865 and there is a plaque with a clasped hand.
Listing NGR: TQ4653866507
© Mr Geoffrey Farrow. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Farrow, Geoffrey
Rights Holder: Farrow, Geoffrey
Brick, Tile, Timber, Weatherboard, Timber Framed Building, Monument <By Form>, Barn, Agriculture And Subsistence, Farm Building, Agricultural Building, Plaque, Commemorative, Commemorative Monument, Gatehouse, Unassigned, Building