This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
TM 37 SE PEASENHALL
2/54 Meadow House -
House, latterly 3 cottages but probably originally a farmhouse. Late C16/early C17; various mid C20 additions including the left hand cross wing.
The older part forms an L shape plan with a long main range and a cross wing set forward to the right hand side. Timber framed and plastered with some colourwashed brick casing to the right hand wing; pantiled roof. 2 storeys and attic. Mid C20 casement windows, mid C20 corner porch with boarded and battened entrance door. Left hand gable of main range with 2 original moulded mullion windows. 2 internal stacks to the main range and a gable end stack to the right hand wing. Interior modernised but with some good exposed framing and joists, some original doors and an imported carved beam dated 1613 over a ground floor fireplace.
Listing NGR: TM3561370145
© Mr Maxwell Newport. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Newport, Maxwell
Rights Holder: Newport, Maxwell
Brick, Pantile, Plaster, Timber, Tudor Timber Framed Building, Elizabethan Monument <By Form>, Stuart Farmhouse, Jacobean Domestic, Agricultural Dwelling, Dwelling, House, Agriculture And Subsistence, Farm Building, Agricultural Building