This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
HADLOW DOWN The Providence Chapel 1.
5208 TQ 52 SW 27/592 II 2.
Built in 1849. Two storeys. Three windows. South wall red brick, flanked by pilasters with stone quoins. Pediment over containing roundel with the date and the initials J H M. Doorway with semi-circular fanlight and double doors of 6 panels. The doorway is flanked by 2 blank window-spaces. Three windows over retaining their glazing bars. Side walls red brick and grey headers in alternate courses.
Listing NGR: TQ5318724085
© Dr Ray Hawkins. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Hawkins, Ray
Rights Holder: Hawkins, Ray
Brick, Stone, Victorian Chapel, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Place Of Worship