This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
FLORE THE AVENUE SP6460 (West side) 11/127 Living Stones - II Former vicarage, now house. Largely rebuilt 1815, probably by Daniel Harris of Oxford; C17 origins. Coursed squared ironstone, slate roofs, brick end and ridge stacks. Central staircase plan. 2-storey, 3-window range. Main block has central part-glazed door with round-arched head and fanlight, arch inscribed AUDE HOSPES CONTEMNERE OPES/K.M.R.T./1815. 12-pane sash window to left with stone lintel and keyblock, a pair of C19 plate glass sash windows to right with stone lintels, and 4-pane C19 sash windows to first floor with stone lintels and keyblocks.
Storey band, moulded stone eaves, roof hipped to left, a stone coped gable to right with kneelers. Lower, 2-storey, 1-window wing to right has 12-pane sash windows with stone lintels and keyblocks and stone coped gable with kneelers.
First floor window to right gable end with hood mould, blocked and partially covered by later brick stack to right. Service wing to rear right. Interior: staircase hall has stone floor and open well staircase with stick balusters, carved tread ends and ramped and wreathed handrail.
(Peterborough Diocesan Records in Northants Record Office).
Listing NGR: SP6408060054
© Mr Roger Ashley. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Ashley, Roger
Rights Holder: Ashley, Roger
Ironstone, Slate, Tudor Vicarage, Elizabethan Domestic, Stuart Clergy House, Jacobean Clerical Dwelling, House, Dwelling, Date Stone, Commemorative, Commemorative Stone, Commemorative Monument, Monument (By Form)