This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
RUSHTON SP88SW GLENDON 1337-0/4/244 Former stables to Glendon Hall GV II Stables, now 2 dwellings. Late C17 or early C18. Coursed squared ironstone with some limestone dressings, slate and Collyweston stone slate roofs and stone end stacks to cross-wings. One storey and attic. Central pedimented projection with clock has C20 door with overlight flanked by C20 cross- windows with guaged stone heads. Main block to either side has 2 similar windows and door, raised band above with 2 circular ventilators. Wall-tie ends. Central bell-cote to ridge has leaded roof and weathervane. Wines with coped gables project to left and right. That to left has carriage entrance with segmental head and double doors and square stone in gable (if datestone, now illegible). Wing to right, has 2 C20 cross window to ground floor, but retains 2 2-light iron-framed gudgeon-hung leaded casement windows in wooden frames above. Twin gabled additions to left, that to rear a single-fronted cottage. Interior not inspected.
Listing NGR: SP8454481382
© Mr Roger Ashley. Source: Historic England Archive
People & Organisations
Photographer: Ashley, Roger
Rights Holder: Ashley, Roger
Ironstone, Lead, Limestone, Slate, Stone, Stuart House, Georgian Monument (By Form), Domestic, Dwelling, Stable, Agriculture And Subsistence, Animal Shed, Farm Building, Agricultural Building, Transport, Weather Vane, Unassigned