This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
TG 20 SW KESWICK KESWICK
6/67 Church of All Saints 26.11.59 (formerly listed as Church of St Mary)
Parish church, C12 and 1893 by Herbert Green. Broken pebble flint and some erratics, red brick dressings, plain tiles. Round west tower, small nave and apsidal chancel. C12 round tower with added octagonal bell stage with stone dressings and plain parapet. Plain 2-light bell openings renewed in brick with stone hood moulds; renewed cusped 2-light west window in C14 style. Nave and chancel of 1893: small nave c.4.2m long; south nave with one Y tracery opening to left in brick with stone hoodmould, plain pointed doorway to right; similar window to north with added vestry rendered and scored with brick dressings, plain brick pointed doorway. Apsidal chancel with high parapet with stone dressings, 2 small stone dressed lancets.
Interior: undressed tower arch of broken flint. The earlier church was pulled down 1597 when the parish was united with Intwood; the tower and west nave wall remained to be incorporated into the church of 1893.
Listing NGR: TG2137604713
© Mr John Wilson. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Wilson, John
Rights Holder: Wilson, John
Brick, Flint, Pebble, Stone, Tile, Medieval Parish Church, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Church, Place Of Worship