This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ROYAL LEAMINGTON SPA
SP3165NE HAMILTON TERRACE 1208-1/7/170 (South East side) 25/03/70 Nos.36 AND 36A
Villa now offices. c1834, with later alterations. Probably by James Morgan. Pinkish-brown brick with painted stucco facade and Welsh slate roof. 2 storeys, 5 first-floor windows. Ground floor has plinth and horizontal rustication. Moulded first-floor band surmounted by Ionic pilasters to ends and between 1st and 2nd and 4th and 5th windows. Frieze. Entrance in recessed bay to left: steps to 3-panel door with overlight in tooled architrave. Second bay is wide and canted to full height with 1/1 sashes; otherwise 2/2 sashes throughout with plain reveals and sills.
Hipped roof, end stacks. INTERIOR: not inspected. HISTORICAL NOTE: Hamilton Terrace was laid out in 1833-1834.
Nos 10-38 (even) form a group together with No.2 Newbold Street and No.40 Holly Walk (qqv). (Cave LF: Royal Leamington Spa Its History and Development: Chichester: 1988-: 39; 55).
Listing NGR: SP3199065832
© Lorna Freeman. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Freeman, Lorna
Rights Holder: Freeman, Lorna
Brick, Stucco, Welsh Slate, Georgian Villa, Victorian Agriculture And Subsistence, Land Use Site, Domestic, House, Dwelling, Office, Unassigned, Building