This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ROYAL LEAMINGTON SPA
SP3165NE HAMILTON TERRACE 1208-1/7/171 (East side) 25/03/70 No.38
Villa, now offices. c1834, with later alterations. Probably by James Morgan. Pinkish-brown brick with painted stucco facade and Welsh slate roof. 2 storeys, 5 first-floor windows. Bay to left is recessed. Moulded plinth, horizontal rustication to ground floor; moulded first-floor band surmounted by Ionic pilasters between 1st and 2nd, 3rd and 4th windows and to right end, frieze. Ground floor: 3 steps to entrance in left bay a 6-fielded-panel door with overlight in tooled architrave. 2/2 sashes. First floor has narrow 4/4 sash to left otherwise 6/6 sashes. Wide eaves, hipped roof, end stacks. Upshot to left.
INTERIOR: not inspected. HISTORICAL NOTE: Hamilton Terrace was laid out in 1833-1834.
Nos 10-38 (even) form a group together with No.2 Newbold Street and No.40 Holly Walk (qqv). (Cave LF: Royal Leamington Spa Its History and Development: Chichester: 1988-: 39; 55).
Listing NGR: SP3200065845
© Lorna Freeman. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Freeman, Lorna
Rights Holder: Freeman, Lorna
Brick, Stucco, Welsh Slate, Georgian Villa, Victorian Agriculture And Subsistence, Land Use Site, Domestic, House, Dwelling, Office, Unassigned, Building