This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
LOPPINGTON C.P. B 4397 (north- SJ 42 NE west side) 10/14 Woodgate and attached - wall GV II
House, now farmhouse. Late C18 with mid- to late C19 additions and alterations. Red brick; plain tile roof with ornamental cresting.
Original L-plan with 2 mid-C19 gabled additions in angle to rear and lower block added to right in late C19. 2 storeys and gable-lit attic with painted moulded stone eaves cornice and plain corner pilasters; 6-window front, 2 to right separated from others by broad pilaster strip, glazing bar sashes with moulded frames and gauged heads; 2 late C19 hip-roofed eaves dormers with decorative ceramic finials. Entrance in third bay from left; pedimented brick porch of c.1830 over 6-panel dooor (upper panels now glazed) with blind semi-circular fanlight and C18 doorcase. External end stacks to main and rear range, that to rear with top rebuilt in late C19 brick. Rear range has 2-storey bow to left with a 16-paned glazing bar sash on each floor and conical roof. Late C19 addition to right has C18 red brick wall attached with sandstone coping ramped down in 3 sections to right. Interior: staircase of c.1830 to right of entrance has carved oval panels to decorated closed string; stick balusters and curved handrail.
Listing NGR: SJ4641028624
© Mr Les White. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: White, Les
Rights Holder: White, Les
Brick, Sandstone, Stone, Tile, Georgian House, Monument (By Form), Domestic, Dwelling, Farmhouse, Agricultural Dwelling, Agriculture And Subsistence, Farm Building, Agricultural Building