This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SP1565 HIGH STREET 652-1/11/59 (West side) 05/04/67 Nos.122 AND 124
House, now 2 houses. Probably C17 with early C19 alterations and addition. Brick laid to English garden wall bond; pyramidal old tile roof with brick stack to apex and rear lateral stack. Double-depth plan (square plan with added gabled wing to right). EXTERIOR: 2 storeys; 3-window range. High brick plinth on stone footings and moulded brick string course with tile off-set over ground floor; exposed rafter ends. Entrance to right end has moulded frame and bracketed canopy to 6-fielded-panel door (2 panels glazed). Ground floor has inserted segmental-headed window to left end with sill and sash (with other ground-floor windows boarded up at time of review); smaller window to right has 2-light small-paned glazing. Addition has shop front with fluted pilasters and entablature to entrance with 6-flush-panel door to right of small-paned bow window. First floor has 2 windows with 3-light small-paned casements, and window to addition with smaller 2-light casement. Left return has continued string course and entrance to left of centre with C19 open timber gabled porch with lattice sides to 6-panel door; blocked opening to right and window to far right with timber lintel; first floor has window with 8/8 sash over entrance and blocked window to right end. Rear C20 porch to angle. INTERIOR: not inspected. (Victoria County History: Styles P: Victoria History of the County of Warwickshire: 1945-: 207).
Listing NGR: SP1507865921
© Mr David Morphew. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Morphew, David
Rights Holder: Morphew, David
Brick, Tile, Tudor House, Elizabethan Monument (By Form), Stuart Domestic, Jacobean Dwelling