This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SP1565 HIGH STREET 652-1/11/63 (West side) 06/02/52 No.130 The Old White Horse
House. C16 with C19 and C20 alterations and additions. Timber-frame with plastered infill above rendered brick ground floor; gabled old tile roof with C19 brick lateral stack and 2 brick stacks to rear. 2-unit plan. EXTERIOR: 2 gables to front. 2 storeys plus attic; 2-window range. Entrance to left of centre has C20 frame (replacing moulded ashlar doorcase) and C20 door. Entrance is flanked by canted bay windows with friezes and cornices over C20 glazing, that to right is wider. First floor has 2 windows with 3-light renewed leaded casements; gables have C20 lights. Close-studded framing to upper floor, possibly originally jettied, with 2 small blocked 2-light mullioned windows. INTERIOR: not inspected. (Victoria County History: Styles P: Victoria History of the County of Warwickshire: 1945-: 207-8).
Listing NGR: SP1507565888
© Mr David Morphew. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Morphew, David
Rights Holder: Morphew, David
Brick, Plaster, Render, Tile, Timber, Medieval Timber Framed House, Tudor Monument (By Form), Elizabethan Timber Framed Building, House, Domestic, Dwelling