This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
TQ 04NW WONERSH C.P. BLACKHEATH LANE
1/334 Stable Block, now Guest Rooms, at Barnett Hill
Former stable block c.1905 by Arnold Mitchell. Brick with red brick dressings, C20 tile hanging on first floor courtyard side on wings, plain tiled roofs.
Rectangular plan around central courtyard. Single storey range to south with attic under two flat-roof dormers. Central lead lantern plinth with 'eyebrow' mouldings to sides, circular lantern above on Doric piers with crowning copper dome and gilt weathervane, containing a bell. Small, shingled circular turret to ridge of roof at junction to left. Five windows across the ground floor of south range with aprons below. Doors to ends. Court elevations of wings each with two storeys. Round oriel window on bracket to first floor south end, central round bow- window to north. Four windows to ground floor and half- glazed door. Gables to north end of wings, projecting to court with three windows on the first floor. Quadrant walls to front with square end piers under finials. Massive lozenge stacks on gables. Half-glazed doors in gable ends in panelled reveals and under fine shell hoods on foliate console brackets.
Cherub's heads to centre of hoods.
Listing NGR: TQ0254445436
© Mr Nick Morris. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Morris, Nick
Rights Holder: Morris, Nick
Brick, Tile, Victorian Wall, 20th Century Monument (By Form), Barrier, Stable, Agriculture And Subsistence, Animal Shed, Farm Building, Agricultural Building, Transport, Guest House, Commercial, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Domestic, Residential Building, Courtyard, Gardens Parks And Urban Spaces