This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
PITCHFORD C.P. - SJ 5204-5304 12/124 Pitchford Bridge - - II Bridge. Circa 1833. Dressed red sandstone ashlar. Single round arch with voussoirs. Curved and battered retaining wall, stepped back twice on each side of the arch; low retaining walls to banks of stream projecting from arch. The bridge carries the Shrewsbury-Pitchford road across Row Brook. The Shrewsbury-Pitchford-Acton Burnell Road was turn- piked in 1797, but was diverted around Pitchford Park c.1833. V.C.H., Vol. VIII, p.118.
Listing NGR: SJ5309204552
© Mr John Weatherill. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Weatherill, John
Rights Holder: Weatherill, John
Ashlar, Sandstone, Georgian Bridge, Victorian Monument <By Form>, Transport