This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
BEECHINGSTOKE - SU 05 NE 3/4 Old Rectory 19.3.62 II Rectory, now house. c1830 for Rev Edward Caulfeild on site of rectory of 1743. Rendered, with painted stone quoins, and slated roof. Two storeys, 3 principal bays comprising wider recessed central bay with entrance, and lateral bays set forward as slight wings. To left, service wing, extended as stabling and outbuildings. Central wide paired half-glazed doors with margin glazed side and over lights, all within wide Tuscan portico.
Twelve-paned sash and flanking 6 paned sashes to first floor over.
Wings have early C20 full height glazing to ground floor with blind boxes over, and paired 6-paned sashes above. Paired modillion eaves. Roof hipped, with 2 brick stacks. Service wing has parapet and 12-pane sashes, and glazed lean-to across ground floor.
Interior. Stair in hall has 2 slender turned balusters to each bracketed tread, and handrail scrolled at end. Marble chimneypiece to dining room in left wing, and C18 type fire surround to drawing room to right.
Listing NGR: SU0860959295
© Mr John Burgoyne. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Burgoyne, John
Rights Holder: Burgoyne, John
Render, Slate, Stone, Georgian Vicarage, Domestic, Clergy House, Clerical Dwelling, House, Dwelling, Oubliette, Unassigned, Building, Service Wing, Monument <By Form>, Stable, Agriculture And Subsistence, Animal Shed, Farm Building, Agricultural Building, Transport