This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SP 91 NW IVINGHOE CHURCH ROAD
4/47 No.7 (The Old Vicarage)
House. Probably mid-late C18, altered c.1840. Irregular red and vitreous brick. 3 bays to left have parapet with moulded stone coping and stone cornice below, and steeply pitched slate roof with brick chimney to right of centre. Right bay has old tile roof with stone coped stepped gable to front and moulded brick eaves to sides. Square chimney shaft set diagonally between bays. All openings have moulded stone Tudor hoodmoulds, that over door painted. 2 storeys. Small barred sash windows with 4-centred heads, 3-light to ground floor, 2-light to first floor of right-hand bays. First floor of left bays have similar paired casements.
6 panelled door in second bay, half-glazed with arched top-lights. C19 brick porch has stone coped parapet, 4-centred arch to front and glazed arches to sides.
Listing NGR: SP9455516237
© Mr George Harper. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Harper, George
Rights Holder: Harper, George
Brick, Slate, Stone, Tile, Georgian House, Monument <By Form>, Domestic, Dwelling, Vicarage, Clergy House, Clerical Dwelling