This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ST5972 CATHAY, Redcliff 901-1/42/1668 (South side) 20/02/75 The Ship Inn
Public house. C18 with mid C19 refronting. Stucco over rubble walls, stone quoins, brick lateral stacks and triple Roman tiled roof hipped to the right. Double-depth plan, L-shaped to rear on right. 2 storeys; 5-window range. Symmetrical front has rusticated quoins, cornice with large dentils and parapet.
Central doorway, flat-headed windows in segmental-arched architraves with ears and shoulders, the central one over the doorway blocked; stacks on gable and hip. C20 addition on left. Ship Lane elevation roughcast, with scattered fenestration. INTERIOR: C20 public house interior. (Gomme A: Street Index of Buildings of Architectural or Historic Interest: 11).
Listing NGR: ST5916272222
© Mr Michael Perry. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Perry, Michael
Rights Holder: Perry, Michael
Render, Roman Tile, Roughcast, Rubble, Stone, Stucco, Stuart Public House, Georgian Commercial, Licensed Premises, Eating And Drinking Establishment, Recreational