This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
1480 (North Side) No 40 SE 2045 1/123 II GV 2.
Formerly Wesleyan Chapel of 1826, now garage. Ashlar front. Four windows, round arches. hung sashes with glazing bars. Centre breakforward contains two windows, end pilasters. Hipped slate roof, moulded cornice and blocking course. Two doorways with moulded surrounds with paterae and two round-arched windows now partly concealed under modern extension. Side elevation of stone. Four windows with round arches with keystone and impost bands.
Flat stone arches to ground floor windows, glazing bars. Included as part of a group.
Nos 36 to 40 (even) form a group with Nos 43 to 47(odd)
Listing NGR: SE2034045564
© Krystyna Szulecka. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Szulecka, Krystyna
Rights Holder: Szulecka, Krystyna
Ashlar, Slate, Georgian Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Methodist Chapel, Nonconformist Chapel, Chapel, Place Of Worship, Garage, Transport, Road Transport Site