This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
In the entry for
TQ 4109 LEWES HIGH STREET (north side)
14/221 Nos 146 and 147
The previous listing date "25.2.52" shall be applied only to No 147
TQ 4109 NW LEWES HIGH STREET 14/221 (north side)
25.2.52 Nos 146 & 147
House pair, now shop pair. Mid C19. Stuccoed with plain raised quoins.
Bracketted eaves cornice to plain tiled roof with ridge stacks in centre and to left. 3 storeys; regular 2 window front, glazing bar sashes. C20 single shop-front with glazed door to right at left on ground floor, (No 146); C20 double shop-front with inset central glazed door to right, (No 147). The party wall between this building and the Freemason's Hall to right (q.v.) contains considerable remains of the medieval West Gate, pulled down in 1777.
Listing NGR: TQ4126709985
© Mr Anthony Leggett. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Leggett, Anthony
Rights Holder: Leggett, Anthony
Stucco, Tile, Medieval Gate, Tudor Unassigned, Elizabethan House, Monument <By Form>, Domestic, Dwelling, Shop, Commercial