This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SJ 3390 CHAPEL STREET L2
27/246 Simpson Fountain - G.V. II
Attached to retaining wall to church of Our Lady and St.
Nicholas. Fountain. 1885. Stone with granite plinth.
Fountain in elaborate Late Gothic canopy with 4-centred arched niche with portrait head and panelling over, flanked buttresses and pinnacles supporting heraldic beasts. Ogival cap with foliated finial.
Listing NGR: SJ3392990483
© Mr Ronald May. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: May, Ronald
Rights Holder: May, Ronald
Granite, Stone, Victorian Fountain, Water Supply And Drainage, Water Supply Site, Gardens Parks And Urban Spaces