This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
NT 93 NE LOWICK BARMOOR
5/87 Stable block, including 2 cottages, adjoining Barmoor Castle GV II
Stables, cottages and coach house. Probably 1801 by Patterson of Edinburgh.
Hammer-dressed stone with ashlar dressings. Welsh slate roof.
A single range in 3 sections, the sections set at obtuse angles to each other.
Slightly higher section on left has 2-bay cottage to left with 4-panelled door and overlight, and 4-pane sashes. Next to this is the coach house. One set of double doors remaining, the other blocked; both have blind fanlights of Diocletian window type.
Middle section is stables. 5 bays. 2 doors with overlights and three 16-pane sashes. 5 smaller pitching holes to granary over.
Left section is a cottage, 1 bay with 4-pane sashes. Door in C20 porch on right return.
Listing NGR: NT9969739856
© Mr Brian Rogers. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Rogers, Brian
Rights Holder: Rogers, Brian
Ashlar, Stone, Welsh Slate, Georgian House, Monument <By Form>, Domestic, Dwelling, Granary, Agriculture And Subsistence, Food And Drink Processing Site, Agricultural Building, Stable, Animal Shed, Farm Building, Transport, Coach House, Road Transport Site